Bus + Coach

Music can be used to entertain and relax passengers on their journey with you.

Get the permission you need to use our music on your bus or coach quickly, easily and cost-effectively with a OneMusic licence. Once you have a licence in place you will have the legal permission you need to use our music from here and around the world, and support the people that make and own the music you enjoy in your business.

For transport services other than Buses and Coaches, please email us directly.

Download our Licence Guide for more information.

1 bus $217.04
2 5 buses $311.41
6 9 buses $622.83
10+ buses $1,245.66


1  2 buses $311.41
3 9 buses $622.83
10+ buses $1,245.66
  • Rates are GST inclusive and apply to the period 1 October 2021 – 30 September 2022.
  • Rates increase by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) on the 1st October each year.


Why does my bus or coach service need a music licence?

Under the Copyright Act (1994), having permission from music creators to use their music in a commercial setting is a legal requirement. This permission is required regardless of how you play music – whether you play the radio, CDs, use digital music services, or make television programming or movies available to your passengers. Your OneMusic licence gives you permission to play essentially all commercially released music from here and around the world.

I have paid for the music and programming I play, so why do I need a licence?

Simply buying music does not provide the rights to use this music in a commercial or public setting. Music is sold for private/domestic use, so any use of this music by a business or organisation requires the permission of music creators to use their music. 

Is holding a licence to play music a legal requirement?

Yes it is - the Copyright Act (1994) clearly establishes public performance rights, protecting the rights of music creators. The Copyright Act also outlines the penalties for anyone in breach of the Act. You can access the Copyright Act (1994) here.

Who is OneMusic?

OneMusic is a joint licensing initiative between APRA AMCOS and Recorded Music NZ. Many music creators around the world earn an income by granting organisations, like ours, the right to collect and pay their royalties.

OneMusic simplifies the licensing process and allows music users to meet their copyright obligations to play our music in their business.

Where does the money go?

When you hear about music royalties, that’s what we do.

Your OneMusic licence fee is distributed by APRA AMCOS and Recorded Music NZ, who are the companies behind OneMusic. Each organisation has a commitment to their music creators and their own distribution policies.

Every month over 330 million lines of music data is analysed from digital music services, background music suppliers, radio stations, television stations, live performers and more. After minimal administration costs all money collected is paid to our local and international music creators – songwriters, composers, publishers, recording artists and record labels.

Find out more from APRA AMCOS and Recorded Music NZ.

Who can verify that I need a OneMusic licence?

Click here to find out more about why you need a licence and the authenticity of our rights from other industry and government bodies and New Zealand associations.


Want to know more? Read the full FAQs here, or call us on 0800 800 663 - we're here to help.